Coffee Banana French ToastFrench Toast make any breakfast feel like brunch. Enjoy this special morning feast even if you enjoy sleeping in since the milk and coffee mixture can be prepared the night before. All that’s left is to dip and grill. Our makes 4 servings.INGREDIENTS
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup brewed and slightly cooled Costa Rican coffee
- 1 tbsp lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Turkish Ground Costa Rican Coffee
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 4 slices bread of choice, preferably 1 to 2 days old
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 F
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, coffee grounds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into a pie plate or shallow dish. Soak two slices of bread in the egg mixture, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and let soak on the other side briefly.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a heavy 9-inch skillet. Drain the bread slightly and fry over medium heat until golden on each side. Remove to the warm oven. Repeat with the remaining two slices.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of butter. When bubbling, sauté the banana slices on both sides about 2 minutes, or just until lightly browned.
- Serve the banana garnished French Toast with warm Vermont Maple Syrup. We get our syrup from the Vermont Maple Outlet. If you live locally, you might be interested to know that they carry several of our coffees.