Organic Espresso Lamb KabobKabobs are easy to make. Add depth to this favorite and delicious summer meal with a touch of Organic Espresso Roast Coffee.
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup double-strength brewed Organic Espresso Roast
- 2 tbsp red wine (from Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits perhaps!)
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless lamb cut into 2 inch cubes
- Pineapple wedges
- Red or green pepper wedges, or both
- Yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- Bermuda onion wedges
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish, if desired
- In a mixing bowl, mash the garlic and salt into a paste. Whisk in the lemon juice, olive oil, coffee, red wine, rosemary and pepper.
- Toss in the lamb cubes. Cover the bowl and refrigerate to allow the meat to marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and set the liquid aside for basting.
- Alternate the lamb, pineapple, red pepper, cherry tomatoes and onion wedges on skewers.
- Grill over hot coals for 12 to 15 minutes, basting with reserved marinade and turning frequently.
- Serve on a shallow bed of fresh rosemary for a dramatic presentation, with rice pilaf as a side dish.
- Variations:- Experiment with flavors. Substitute apples and zucchini for some of the vegetables.